Monday, June 7, 2010

So, that whole "teaching an old dog new tricks" thing..

Sigh. Snickers is still having issues with the whole paw/shake thing. He has yet to get it even once, which I just don't understand. He's never had any issues with learning stuff before.

Ava, on the other hand, has learned some new tricks. She managed to chew her bed - which I made for her - while I was gone today. I was only gone for a few hours for class, but she nommed it up nonetheless. Tomorrow, she's downgrading back to a different bed for a while so we can stop the problem. She also got into a bag of treats - that I had no idea she could get to - and emptied it, then shredded the bag. And then she got in the trash. All of which are very un-Ava actions, but the only thing I can think of is the fact that today was the first day since the end of April that she'd been crated for more than a few minutes. Its so frustrating!! And then, of course, that worsened my bad mood from earlier in the day, so we weren't able to accomplish much tonight. I did some leash work with her outside, working on heeling and such. Or trying to at least. I'm finding out that I'm really not as great of a trainer for leashing stuff that I'd like to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment